2015 till Date
1. Opening ceremony & commissioning of the Alexander Brown Hall Gate & Perimeter wall at the 30th Anniversary re-union of the Medical and Dental Class of 1985 took place on 18 June, 2015.
2. The President attended the IMSG Fundraising Dinner & Dance on Saturday, 20 June, 2015 at Holiday Inn, London Elstree, Barnet Way, Barnet, London WD65PU
3. Dr. Modupe Oyetunde represented the President at Ibadan College of Medicine Alumni Association, North America (ICOMAA NA) AGM at Marriot World Center, Orlando, Florida, USA on Friday July 10, 2015
4. The commissioning of the Pre-clinical Library donated by the IMSG Group took place on 4 November, 2015
5. Successful planning and execution of 2014 Alumni Day / IMSG Symposia. The event featured the special recognition and celebration of the Dentistry Profession in conjunction with their 40th year Anniversary.
6. Publication of ICOMAA Compendium – BDS Class of 1980-2015 Volume I on November 4, 2015
7. Visiting Lecture / Skill Demonstration in the Practice of Pulmonary Medicine in Nigeria – ICOMAA NA on 16 November, 2015.
Ibadan Medical Specialists Group IMSG Symposium – 4 November, 2015
Title of IMSG Books distributed to Medical Students in 2015
- Medical Research Principles & Practice
Research in Clinical Practice
Olufunso A. Adedeji MBBS MD FRCSEd (Gen)
- Qualitative Research Methodology and Medical Education
Onome Ogueh MBBS, MA, FWAC, FRCOG
- Medical Research in Nigeria with special focus on Neurosciences: A Historical Overview.
Rufus Olusola Akinyemi MBBS(Ib.) Msc(Ib.) PhD (New Castle), MWACP, FMCP
- Pharmaceutical Clinical Research – Is there a place?
John Bolodeoku MBBS, Msc, MBS, Dphil, FRCPath
- Molecular Epidermiology Mycoplasma Genitalium among Infertile Women in University College Hospital, Ibadan
Dr. Tinuade Ajayi. Senior Registrar in Medical Microbiology
2015 Alumni Day Celebration – Thursday, 5 November, 2015
Lecture - The Interface between Oral & Systemic Diseases
Guest Lecturer: Dr. K. Fatosin BDS FFDRCSI
Projects executed in 2014 and 2015
Ø Class of 1985 – Modern Gate and the beautification of the perimeter wall of Alexander Brown Hall
Ø Class of 1988 – Renovation of the Preclinical Lecture Theatre, UI
Ø IMSG – Pre-Clinical Library donated to the University of Ibadan
2016 ICOMAA ACTIVITIES
8/2/2016 - Expanded Exco Meeting / Handing Over to the new ICOMAA Executive led by Dr. Abib Olamitoye as the President Worldwide.
- 28-30 March, 2016
50 Years of Physiotherapy training in Ibadan.
- 6 May, 2016
Commissioning of the Water Project / Renovation of TV room in Alexander Brown Hall by 1995 Set.
- Handover of Bus to UCH Hospice & Palliative Care by the 1995 Set
- 3 June, 2016
Launching of the ICOMAA Official Website – www.icomaaww.org
- 13 June, 2016
The ICOMAA NA visiting Prof Lecture on Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) & Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) Therapy took place at Paul Hendrickse Lecture Theatre with 144 people in attendance.
- 24 June, 2016
ICOMAA NA AGM took place at Las Vegas in United State.
- 13 July, 2016
ICOMAA NA Vice President, Dr. Britto and her family members visited the ICOMAA Secretariat office.
- Reunion of 1986 Class (30 years Celebration of Milestone) in Birmingham in July 2016.
- Reunion of 1989 Class coming up in July 2016
Reunion of 1976 Class (40 years)
- Donation / Handing over of a Cheque of N15million to the College of Medicine by the 1976 Class
· ICOMAA NA AGM June 2017
· ICOMAA UK Fundraising June 2017
· ICOMAA CAN